Africa Fashion Week London is proud to present Maggie Smith as The Face of AFWL 2015
Africa Fashion Week London is the biggest event in Europe with a focus on African and African inspired fashions, and Face of AFWL is the flagship competition, awarding the winner with the chance to work with and learn from industry professionals at this high-profile event.
Maggie was the overwhelming favourite, chosen by the public on our social media platforms and takes over the mantle held by our lovely 2014 winner Chi-Chi Nwuba.
Maggie is of Ugandan/Scottish heritage and with her beautiful personality and impressive work ethic; she is an excellent ambassador for African fashion and the perfect representative for Africa Fashion Week London.
Maggie’s prize was to have a photoshoot, styled by a top Paris stylist Crystal Deroche and shot by the renowned photographer Gabor Szantai.
The official AFWL 2015 Hair Sponsor, Motions provided top stylist Sandra Webb to dress Maggie’s hair.
Make up brand Fashion Fair’s artist Abby Hopkins enhanced Maggie’s striking looks to create an unforgettable day and a magical shoot.
Africa Fashion Week London would like to thank all Face of AFWL entrants and everyone who took part in the voting. AFWL founder Ronke Ademiluyi said, “It was to engage with our social media fans and a way of giving something back to them by getting them involved in the voting process a fun way of getting our ever growing supporters involved in AFWL.”
Come and meet Maggie at AFWL 2015 in August. We guarantee you’ll be seeing a lot more of her in years to come! Congratulations, Maggie!
Notes to Editors:
- Maggie wears: dress by Bestow Elan and accessories by Pebblelondon.com
- Creative team:
- Photographer : Gabor Szantai @Crystal Deroche Agency
- Art Direction & Styling : Crystal Deroche
- Hair : Sandra Webb using Motions Hair UK
- MUA : Abbie May using Fashion Fair UK
- Model : Maggie Smith
- Producer : Anna Marie Benedict
- Please contact email@example.com if you require hi-res images for publication.
- Africa Fashion Week London 2015 celebrates its 5th anniversary edition.
- AFWL 2015 will be held at Olympia, Hammersmith Road, Kensington, London W14 8UX on the 7/8thAugust 2015
- Tickets, including VIP, can be purchased from May 2015.
- F or more press information about Africa Fashion Week London 2015 or to register to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
PR & Marketing Team
Africa Fashion Week London