Indeed, the odds are ever in Jennifer Lawrence's favor. The Hunger Games star raked in $52 million over the last year, catapulting her to number one on Forbes's highest-paid actresses list.
J-Law's rise seemed inevitable. Not only is she leading the Hunger Games series — which wraps up in November — but she's also got a stake in another little blockbuster franchise: X-Men. Add a gig as the face of Dior, three Oscar nominations and one Oscar win, and you've got a powerhouse.
Avengers star Scarlett Johansson ranked second in this year's list, with earnings totaling $35.5 million, followed by Melissa McCarthy with $23 million. Here are the top 10, according to Forbes's ranking:
- Jennifer Lawrence — $52 million
- Scarlett Johansson — $35.5 million
- Melissa McCarthy — $23 million
- Bingbing Fan — $21 million
- Jennifer Aniston — $16. 5 million
- Julia Roberts — $16 million
- Angelina Jolie — $15 million
- Reese Witherspoon — $15 million
- Anne Hathaway — $12 million
- Kristen Stewart — $12 million
Got more to add to this article? Hit the comment button